UConn Early College Experience is a program that allows students to take college courses while still in high school. Courses taken through UConn ECE are equivalent to the course provided at UConn. This is a great opportunity for high school students to experience college level work and earn college credit. The Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture offers several ECE courses in Sustainable Plant and Soil Systems. Visit UConn ECE for more information.
Check to see if your high school is a Partner School and offers Sustainable Plant and Soil Systems courses. If you're a high schooler interested in plant science and would like to get a head start, our courses may be for you!
- SPSS 1100: Turfgrass Management
- SPSS 1110: Fundamentals of Horticulture
- SPSS 1150: Agricultural Technology and Society
- SPSS 2120: Environmental Soil Science
- SPSS 2520: Floral Art
- SPSS 3230: Biotechnology- Science, Application, Impact, Perception
- SPSS 3245: Plant Breeding and Biotechnology
- SPSS 3530: Advanced Floral Design
Find course descriptions, pricing, credits, and more at Sustainable Plant and Soil Systems ECE Courses