Associate Professor in Horticulture & Greenhouse Extension Specialist
- PhD, Horticultural Sciences, 2013, University of Florida
- MS, Plant Pathology, 2008, The Ohio State University
- BS, Agricultural Science and Production, 2003, Escuela Agricola Panamericana-Zamorano, Honduras
Areas of Interest
- Irrigation water management
- Controlled environment agriculture
- Waterborne pathogens
Extension and Research
In our laboratory we conduct research and outreach on practical issues related to water recirculation, use of low-quality water for irrigation of crops, and water treatment and irrigation system design with a focus on chemical and microbial parameters that impact quality and yields of crops grown in controlled environment agriculture. We also study microbial communities in hydroponic solutions and their potential effects on plant health.
- Develop and deliver science-based information to problem-solve plant health and horticulture issues by implementing multidisciplinary research approaches that result in more efficient and sustainable practices in greenhouse operations.
- Carry out applied-research on water quality for irrigation of greenhouse crops. Research includes understanding and management of biological, chemical and physical parameters of water quality.
- Develop education programs for the green-industry.
Not Currently Accepting Graduate Students